Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Butter chicken

Hey peeps, it's been looong since I've added in new recipes... I've been busy... And the fact that I forgot my password twice! I've jotted it down somewhere, let's just hope I don't lose it again... So let's just proceed with my first come-back recipe, butter chicken. This is almost exactly the same as buttermilk chicken, they tastes almost alike too, the only differences are that this recipe doesn't use milk (less fat I presume...) but it uses egg instead which is optional I guess... It's a bit oily though... But I'm still practising it, I still don't know how to get the egg-floss effect and I still don't know how to make it less oily (since I still have to use the butter anyway...) But fret not, it will still turn out to be edible, I promise! In fact, my family prefers this to buttermilk... I like both... FYI: Both the buttermilk & butter chicken recipes (in fact 80% of the recipes in this web up til present) are quite 100% mine (I usually just guess the ingredients through experiments & guides from almost-similar recipes, and ended up with my own version if not my own...) I know mothers say,"Don't play with your food" but if I didn't, I wouldn't have came up with brilliant recipes (at least I think they are briliant, great for 1st time cooks!). Enough said. Let's begin...

P/s: Right now I'm solely dependent on my hp camera so the pics quality are not that good. In fact, it just sucks, big time... Although I really like this blue Canon Power Shot E1... =) [Buy me 1 please??? Don't mind if you do...Hehe...]


INGREDIENTS:
  • Chicken cuts (1 whole chicken)
  • Corn flour
  • Salt & pepper
  • Thai chillies ~ 5 (as much as you want) - finely chopped
  • Curry leaves ~ 5-9stalks (as much as you want, up to you, for e, the more the merrier!)
  • Butter ~ about 100g (salted/unsalted, up to you)-as long as it is enough to coat the chicken.
  • Chicken stock cube ~ 1
  • Sugar ~ about 5 tbsp
  • Egg ~ 2
  • Oil (for deep-frying)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Seasons chicken with salt & pepper. Dusts wit corn flour & deep fry in hot oil. Put aside.

2. In a wok, melt butter under low heat(to avoid burn), fry in chopped Thai chillies & curry leaves until aroma arises. Add in chicken stock. Stir.

3. Quickly add in the fried chicken cuts, add sugar, stir fry until the chicken cuts are evenly coated with the flavored butter.

4. This is the tricky part, beat egg(s) in a bowl, pour into the wok with the other ingredients, pour it in a circular direction, stir quickly. [This isn't really the way to do it, but I just feel the egg is essential. If you wanna do the real egg-floss technique, you gonna have to wait til I figure out how... I heard it should be quickly stirred using deep-frying technique, with butter not oil, but then that is a hell lotsa butter... I'm sure there's a better & easier technique... But I just haven't figured it out yet... Haven't got the time to snoop in to restaurants' kitchens yet, hehe...] Btw, you can emit egg, if you don't want it.

5. You're done! Do taste it first before serving... Just add in any inadequate seasonings... Best serve with rice.

P/S: If you do know how to do the egg-floss, do let me know, share it with us! Post it under comments. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. D egg needs to be done seperately with lotsa butter or margarine.. Turn up d heat,til it's really2 hot..then hold d bowl of beaten egg up high n pour slowly while stirring vigorously!hehe..keep stirring til d oil boils n add in d curry leaves n cili padi,sugar n salt!don't stop stirring til u can see d color changes n d egg looks crispy enuff..Well,til It form fine shreds!then put in prawns,mix well.. N finally,drain off xcess oil.. VoilĂ ! ;)

    ReplyDelete